Wednesday 6 December 2006

Finnish Independence Day

It's Finnish Inependence Day today. More People live in London than there are Fins, in fact more Fins probably live in London than in Finland, but I loved the country when I was there and feel a great deal of loyalty to it. Exceptional people and very clean and environmental living. (By clean I mean healthy!)
Interestingly I was minor guest of honour at the city's independence day celebrations - was there on exchange so hadn't thought to bring any posh clothing - all I had was one smart blue shirt and a tie. Didn't think there was anything wrong but people kept looking at me funny.
Later discovered that my blue shirt and yellow tie looked great as a swedish flag - the country the Fins were celebrating independence from........ ho hum.
Fell asleep on their finance minister on a different occasion, an' all! (Explain later)

No comments: