Tuesday 10 May 2011

Liverpool Lib Dems explained

In a homage to the new leader of the Liverpool Lib Dems, Paula Keveaney, I have taken it upon myself to explain how she got the position, through the medium of Seinfeld:

First, how she got the job: (courtesy of the daily seinfeld)
George: So I still haven’t heard about that job.Jerry: Yeah that’s a tough one. What are you going to do about                that?George: I have an idea.Jerry: Yeah?George: I show up.Jerry: What do you mean you show up?George: I show up. I pretend I have the job. The guy’s on vacation.                If I have the job, it’s fine. If I don’t have the job, by the time he comes back, I’m ensconced.Jerry: Hmm. Not bad.George: What’s the worst thing that could happen?Jerry: Well, you’d be embarrassed and humiliated in front of a                large group of people and have to walk out in shame with your tail between your legs.George: Yeah, so?
(via The Barber)
George: So I still haven’t heard about that job.
Jerry: Yeah that’s a tough one. What are you going to do about that?
George: I have an idea.
Jerry: Yeah?
George: I show up.
Jerry: What do you mean you show up?
George: I show up. I pretend I have the job. The guy’s on vacation. If I have the job, it’s fine. If I don’t have the job, by the time he comes back, I’m ensconced.
Jerry: Hmm. Not bad.
George: What’s the worst thing that could happen?
Jerry: Well, you’d be embarrassed and humiliated in front of a large group of people and have to walk out in shame with your tail between your legs.
George: Yeah, so?
----------


Obviously there was actually a democratic contest of sorts, but it is a sign of how unpopular the Lib Dems have become in Liverpool that three of their biggest hitters, Warren Bradley, Paul Clein and Mike Storey have all disappeared in the last few weeks.



Lastly, how Warren Bradley is rumoured to have quit:



SH