Wednesday 5 August 2009

I reject your offer!

Dear Hewitt and May,
 
You recently sent me an email, saying you had not heard from me after sending me a promotional email in the past, offering me shirts for £19.50
 
I have no objection to you carrying out a marketing exercise.  However, there is a basic element of the whole supply and demand equation missing.
 
You don't make shirts in my size.  That's why I will never buy anything from you.  In fact I am amazed how small the range of sizes actually is.  Is your company snobbish when it comes to larger people?
 
The irony is, that as much as I spend on nice shirts and clothes, I will continue to spend it in the likes of Debenhams rather than the more stylish range you supply.  Given your reliance on presenting your company as tailored fashion - I have to rely on a high-street chain.
 
Let's have a look at your offer - for £19.50 I would get £10 off next time and £40 of wine vouchers.  oh, and a shirt.  You apparently are competing with Jesus with what has to be, I admit, a much more impressive trick of turning cloth into wine.  Now that's a marketing exercise!
 
Yours hoping you would invest that money in making ranges that I might actually be able to buy,
 
Tris Brown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The irony is, that as much as I spend on nice shirts and clothes, I will continue to spend it in the likes of Debenhams rather than the more stylish range you supply."

And they say that sartorial elegance is dead! I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or raise the Union Jack and sing the national anthem whilst dressed like the mad inventor father in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when I read this.

"I will continue to spend it in the liks of Debenhams" Brilliant.

Yours

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells