Thursday 20 August 2009

My brain experiment

Today I visited John Moores University, where I had agreed to volunteer to o under a psychophysiology examination as part of a research study. I'd like to imply it was my particular brain they were interested in, but that's not true - I was wired up and had to carry out some tasks. Being a psychology test though they weren't just interested in how my brain works (but why it works???), but also how I would react to various stimuli....

Emma did psychology at the University of Manchester, and had told me about what they got up to there, so I half expected to be suddenly invaded by zombies (or students dressed up as them) or a priest come in and give me an ethical dilemma, or something to test me. I even began to wonder if the fact one of the electrodes wouldn't stay on me right ear lobe was part of the test...

In truth there was a bit of grooming in the tasks I did, but not too much. It was worth doing just because I had never done anything like that before.

(and yes, I am flashing a bit of my right moob in this picture.....;-)

SH

No comments: